Days in Mumbai!


Sitting in office right now. Office…as in…I’ve been doing my summer internship in Crompton Greaves Ltd, Quality Assurance department, Kanjur Marg, Mumbai, for the past 1 week. As of now, my job was to develop a software for CGL that will catalogue all newly acquired instruments, worth around 5 crores, and their readings database in Materials Testing & Calibration Laboratory. Last Saturday, Mr. Abhijit Shinde, my mentor, dragged me to the PR division where I got the idea of how orders for transformers, worth crores of rupees, are taken from their high profile customers. Then today, I got the job of figuring out every component used in a transformer and then conduct extensive research on the transformer oil. I’m supposed to conduct experiments on various types of oils, monitor them right since purchase, grade them as per their quality and prepare reports on them. So basically, I have loads onto my platter now. I leave home everyday at 7:15 am and reach back at anytime between 7pm and 10pm. Wanna know about the icing on the cake? It’s full day on Saturdays too! L The only silver lightning on the job profile is that I’m getting paid for my work & that I have a job interview scheduled at the end of my intern. So, that means, I also stand the chance of re-joining college for the 7th Semester with a job in my pocket!


Well, that’s precisely how life’s been going on, for me. Anyways, it’s well past lunch time now and I’m pretty hungry.


Adios!

Related Posts by Glossary



2 Thoughts:

Unknown

Monday, May 28, 2007 9:26:00 AM

hmmm..lagey raho shayon bhai.

dhyan se kaam karna,varna crore ka nuuksaan ho sakta hai..

all the best for the interview..
u can stay in mumbai..u love it very much.

Shayon

Monday, May 28, 2007 5:06:00 PM

Thanks yaar...vaise evn if i gt the job here...pata nahin loonga ki nahin...neways, beggars cant b choosers, I guess!! :-P Bt yeah, one thing's for sure...I'd love tog et a job in mumbai...for thn ne other city in the country!! ;-)