Mozilla FireFox Plugins : Recommendation #1

If you remember correctly, I'd already pointed out, in one of my previous posts, the advantages of using Mozilla Firefox as your preferred browser, over Internet Explorer. I've also posted 2 videos (Part 1 & Part 2) that'll show how to personalize your Firefox and use it to suit your needs. Well, the actual fun of using Firefox is the ability to customize it with the help of extensions. Extensions are nothing but little nuggets of programs that you need to install in the browser. These are often very powerful features that go a long way in making your online stay pleasurable. I myself have been using the browser for over 2 years now and have been following it's development pretty closely. There are so many extensions that I've come to love, in all this time. There are also a few that I just can't do without. So, I thought I'd share a few of them and tell you how to use them & why!

FasterFox: This is one extension that I just need to have, be it on my own personal comp or on a shared PC. Here's what the official explanation says :

Performance and network tweaks for Firefox.

Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS cache, and initial paint delay.

Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with the unique prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently loading and caching all of the links on the page you are browsing.

A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also included.

After you install the plugin from this link, you can find it at the bottom of your status bar, just like in the picture below.


And yeah, you know what I find the coolest about this extension? It also shows the time it took to load a certain page! Can you see "8.470s" written right beside the FasterFox icon? That's it?

Well, there goes the first recommendation for you. As for the rest, they are in the pipeline. Oh by the way, just in case you don't wish to install the extension, you can even tweak your browser for the same effect. Here's the video on how to do that.

By the way, you can also check out Recommendation #2 : Google Browser Sync.


Other FireFox PlugIn Recommendations -

Related Posts by Glossary



0 Thoughts: