My Love..!!

My Painting!

Hmm...the other day I was just looking at this vase when it suddenly made me remember those preteen years of mine. I still remember it pretty vividly. I was in 7th standard then. I had enrolled myself for the elementary grade state level drawing exam. Alongwith me were two of my best friends, Swapnil Patwa & Arpa Mukhopadhyay. After our class got over, Swapnil asked me to leave with him, but since Arpa had some work in the school, I lied that I had to meet some other teacher and left behind. Now, I wasn't in love with Arpa. Afterall, it was just the time when people start taking interest in the opposite sex. I just liked her & always used to try to be with her as much as I could. Okay okay, I was just infatuated with her. Anyways, while I was waiting for Arpa to return, I just had to pass time. I was scourging my bag when I suddenly found a card Dad had gotten from some colleague. I just took it out, took out my brush and the black chinese ink I had and started to paint. Seriously, I didn't even know how the bloody time passed away. It took me around an hour to finish the painting to my satisfaction and finally, there it was, the very same one you can see above!

Andyou wanna know something else? When I actually returned to my senses...I realised Arpa was long gone! And that very incident made me realise how much I loved to draw. HeHe..!! However, although I did coninue painting till my 10th grade...even organised exhibitions & sales...but had to finally leave it due to time shortage & my new found love in computers!! Welcome to modern age, folks!!!

Related Posts by Glossary



0 Thoughts: