Claim To Fame!!!


Wow! What do I call it? "30 seconds of fame" or "2 hours of pain in the ass"? Well, as already mentioned in Sakshi's post, this blogpage got mentioned (pretty abundantly, I'd say) in The Telegraph, Calcutta edition, on the January 30th, 2007 (thanks to Ms Suchi Arya). Oh man, I'd started this page just to vent out my frustrations in life and improve my writing skills, in general. Trust me, being in an engineering college, the scope to be creative in the literary department in just too limited. After getting into my present relationship, I had invited Sakshi tow rite here because I felt she had good enough ideas to think aloud and what more, her array array of topics actually supplemented mine. And well, I must admit, owing to limited internet connectivity in my college, it was getting too trying on me to keep this page updated as regularly as I'd like to.

I guess, that "master" move of mine paid off ;-) Combined with both Sakshi & my thoughts and the huge popularity on Blogger, we did happen to grab some attention. Yes, I was certainly pleasantly surprised when Suchi commented on one of my posts, informing about the article. It was a good piece that she'd finally produced. However, there's one li'l issue where I've been a bit unhappy about. I know, my page is called "Shayon's Labyrinth", but then again, I'd have appreciated if she had mentioned Sakshi's name as well. I personally feel she deserved that much, being the co-contributor of my blog, especially when Suchi had actually quoted one of Sakshi's innumerable posts, in the article.

Anyways, on my personal front, it's study time now. There'd been some issues in my relationships which I've finally managed to clear out, I hope. Got exams coming up, end of this month. And, oh yes, my second year anniversary of my relationship's coming up. Yes, I'd proposed to her on February 14, 2005! Cyber gaming still on the roll and furiously planning to reduce both my weight and waist! ;-)

Well, that is it, for now. Hope I get to write again, soon!


P.S: Any idea why I wrote "pain in the ass" in my very first line of the post? ;-)

Related Posts by Glossary



11 Thoughts:

Sakshi

Monday, February 05, 2007 12:27:00 PM

Pain in your ass or wallet...???

Shayon

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 4:45:00 PM

well...ass actually
eva heard of the term 'GPL'?? ;-)

Unknown

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:30:00 PM

was planning to include Sakshi but she's from Delhi. Great effort, Sakshi! was really an interesting read. And, the story came out in the Jharkhand-Ranchi-Jamshedpur edition of The Telegraph. Try to get hold of the paper.And, mail me your address. I'll try and send you a copy.

Sakshi

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:46:00 PM

Its ok.. perrrfectly fine.. after all.. Shayon n I... wen we wre together.. what does an article matter.
Btw, I did c the article online on the link that you(Suchi) had sent.Thanks a ton.

Unknown

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 3:32:00 AM

kudos dude.havnt been goin online for sometime now and also m not an avid reader of The Telegraph.really only just now i hav come to knw the "exploit" of urs.hats off to the man who introduced me to the world of blogging.

also a word of appreciation for u Sakshi too.both o u are doin a gr8 job..

m not getting lucky wid someone who can partner me in my blog!!

Sakshi

Thursday, February 08, 2007 4:51:00 PM

Hey, Rathz.. cmon dude.. isnt Dion blogging for you.. and u guys are awsome....

Shayon

Friday, February 09, 2007 5:56:00 PM

hmm...u call this an "exploit", eh? I call this just sheer luck! I guess, afterall, I do have luck in my favor in a few cases! ;-) Anyways, as for you, u urself are an one man army, man...n then with Dion "partnering" u with a few posts...I'd say you have a pretty luvly time in store for your readers!

Anyways, still haven't been lucky enough to actually read the article in print :-p just the online version does make me feel a li'l happy! And well...for you...keep blogging, man...it's good to know tht I've actually managed to get the blogging mania in college. And u knw wot? Even Krishnan's been asking me a hell lot abt blogging, these days!! ;-)

shanoob

Saturday, February 10, 2007 7:02:00 PM

Congrts man...

Unknown

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 11:16:00 PM

mail me ur address at suchi.arya@gmail.com

Mannubhai-The Madman

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:42:00 PM

hey shayon & sakshi both of u guys r doing a gr8 job there..looking 4 sm simliar gr8 posts in future..cheers!!

Sakshi

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:14:00 PM

Thanks Manvender...!!!