Blog Tagging...

So, how many of you actually know what tagging is all about, in reference to blogging? Well, I was just reading this post by Steve Nipps where I encountered the concept of tagging. Although it wasn't the first time I heard the word, I wasn't too sure about what it was all about. So, as always, Wikipedia came to my rescue :-P. While I was searching for it, this is what I figured out -

A memetag (or meme tag) is a blog tag that is included in all posts that reference a meme. When a meme is started on a blog — for example, 'your top five favourite movies' — the meme tag is included at the foot of the text of each post that responds to the meme invitation.


By including a memetag, bloggers are recognising the initial creator of the meme and allowing them to track how their meme has spread across the blogosphere through the use of social media tools such as Technorati.


While inclusion of a memetag is not mandatory, it is done in the spirit of information sharing across the web and is a system based on trust.


Example:


A blogger invites five other bloggers to list their 'top five songs of all time'.


Those bloggers publish their list, incude the memetag that links back to the original invite, then invites five more bloggers and asks them to include a link to the original post.


The next five list their top five songs of all time, each linking back to the original post using the memetag. Each of them invites five more friends.


And so on.



So, I thought why not I too take it up, for once, and tag people I know? In a way, this also lets me know how many people actually follow my blog :-) n also I happen to popularise a new concept in my blogging circle. Since I currently don't have any question at hand, I'll take up the ones Steve used. Hope I can do that...


1. Pick out a scar you have, and explain how you got it:
Well, I have a pretty ugly scar on my left shoulder that I got when I had a real bad accident on my bike, with my cousin sis Koyel on the pillion!

2. What is on the walls in your room?
In my hostel room...just a lone poster n loads of cobwebs ;-)

3. What does your phone look like?
How do you think an over used, twice thrown from the 3rd floor, NOKIA 1108 should look like?

4. What music do you listen to?
Nuthin specific, depends on my mood. At times, listen to ol' time bong tracks...sometimes hardcore rock...sometimes heavy metal...sometimes just bollywood masala songs :P

5. What is your current desktop picture?
Don't own a comp in college. Currently posting from a cyber...and here they have a blank background...

6. What do you want more than anything right now?
A Job Offer....am tired to breaking bread off dad's money!

7. Do you believe in gay marriage?
Well...don't really believe in any sorta marriage...but if such a concept keeps gay couples happy, then big deal!!

8. What time were you born?
0600 hrs.

9. Are your parents still together?
Well...yeah, they r...n I'm sure they'll always be! Afterall, they rnt me, u knw!! :-P

10. What are you listening to?
A lot of shitty chatter, in this cyber...

12. The last person to make you cry?
Vaibhav...on the Mattu Farewell.

13. What is your favourite perfume/cologne?
Umm...I use neither...just Hugo Boss, at times.

14. What kind of hair/eye colour do you like on the opposite sex?
Anything but grey...find that color spooky.

15. Do you like pain killers?
UUrrgghhh!!

16. Are you too shy to ask someone out?
Not really...can't think of any such instance ^-^

17. Fave pizza topping?
Diced chicken with loads of cheese n onion.

18. If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
Hmm...I'm pretty full ryt nw...prolly just some peanuts to nibble while finish this post off!

19. Who was the last person you made mad?
I make people mad so fucking often, it's tuff to remem all of them :-P

20. Is anyone in love with you?
Yup!! (Ain't gonna say anything more on that! :-P)

Okay, now the tagging part. I'd love it if Karma, Rathz, Sakshi, Roosh, Mann n Shankz take up the honors. So, what say, folks?

Related Posts by Glossary



3 Thoughts:

Sakshi

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 3:20:00 PM

Hmmmmm....wats the whole thing again???

Shayon

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 6:54:00 PM

Well...it's just that once I write things abt me...and then say, I tag a few people...those folks have to copy the questions i've answered n answer them themselves in their own blog...along with it...u r supposed to name n link the person hu hd tagged u...n after u've answered all of them...u gotta tag some more people...in turn, those people also got to answer the same questions in their own blogs. It's like...passing on a baton.

Do u get it now?

Sakshi

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:21:00 PM

but how do i tag??? link them or wat...duhu...crazy stuff